This candy recipe is from a St. Croix County Extension cookbook. Notice how the first mixture is halved and one half goes into the first layer of a 12 X 16 inch pan, and the other half stays in the double boiler until you add the Spanish peanuts at the end. You could also microwave the chips/peanut butter mixture instead of using a double boiler.
- Melt over very low heat in a double boiler, the milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter.
- Put half of this mixture into a buttered 12 X 16 inch pan; then put this pan into the refrigerator.
- Cover the remaining chip/peanut butter mixture; set this aside.
- Using a different saucepan, put the butter, dry vanilla pudding mix, and evaporated milk; cook and boil for 1 minute.
- Take saucepan off the heat and add the confectioners’ sugar; spread on top of the refrigerated mixture and put into refrigerator again.
- Add peanuts to remaining chocolate mixture and spread over filling.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 lbs confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 lb Spanish peanut